Here is the recipe adapted from Bakerella using redvelevet cake and mini chocolate chips.
1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake) & 1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.) 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chipsCake Pop ingredients:
Pink Candy Melts
Chocolate/Brown Candy Melts
Wax paper or plastic wrap (for easy clean up!!)
1. First you bake the cake as directed. After the cake is baked, cool the cake down and crumble the cake in a large bowl then mix in a 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.
2. Add 3/4 of the frosting and mix well. If the mixture is not 'bunching up' from the frosting you can add a bit more.
3. Roll the mixture into large ball, about the size of a mini cupcake. We didn't have a cookie cutter to shape the bottom of the cake so we just shaped the ball into a 'cupcake' like shape. Then we placed the cake in the refrigerator for two hours to harden.
4. After the cake has harden, then dip the smaller side of the cake into the melted chocolate melts. After you dip the chocolate half way then insert the lollipop stick. It might help to dip the tip of lollipop stick first then insert it for maximum security!!
5. After the chocolate has hardened, melt the pink candy melts and dip the other end of the cake so it covers the rest of the cake.
6. Quickly place an M&M in the middle and sprinkle on the sprinkles!! Insert the lollipop stick into a styrofoam block so the cake pop can air dry.
Wrap in candy plastic to make it look AMAZING!!