Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sprinkles Cupcakes!


This was my second visit to Sprinkles.  The first time was a couple of years ago, when the cupcake craze was just starting up, and  Sprinkles is known to be the one bakery who started it. I must say the craze is still going on strong..at this location in Newport Beach the line was out the door and almost to the street!!!!! I probably waited 15 to 20 minutes to grab my three cupcakes, but it’s worth the wait to try it (for the second time).
They are not as large as famous cupcakes, but I must say, the cupcake to frosting ratio was well balanced.
The cupcake with the green and orange sprinkle was a seasonal pumpkin flavored one and the other two are red velvet.  The red velvet, is of course the most popular.  It had strong red velvet flavor with a hint of chocolate.  But, the downside was that it was a bit dry.  The pumpkin on the other hand, didn’t have enough pumpkin!  I admit, I can be kind of a pumpkin/nutmeg/anything pertaining to fall(y) spices snob. But it was just not enough.
Here in Los Angeles, Sprinkles is a great ‘stopper by’ bakery; if you’ve never tried it before, but I feel like it’s fame has gone to it’s head alittle.
Sprinkles Cupcakes
Corona del mar plaza,
944 Avocado Avenue
949. 760 0003

No comments:

Post a Comment