Tuesday, June 14, 2011

SORTED - Pasta Carbonara dish!!

SORTED has become a weirdly addictive/obsession of mine lately and I've finally come around to making my first SORTED dish!!




I  converted the recipe into american measurements and also doubled the recipe so it would serve four.

1 Package of Dried Spaghetti
1 Package of Italian Pancetta (3 oz.)
1/2 Package of Smoked Bacon
4 Eggs
4 Egg Yolks
200ml of Cream (I used heavy whipping cream)
1 cup of Parmesan Cheese\
Black pepper (to taste!)
Texas Toast (lol definitely cheated! My oven doesn't work!)

PAN of choice:  Large pot, and small pan.

1.  Boil your pasta, 7-10 mins. Cook till al dente! Drain the pasta, then put it back in the same pot, and set aside for later.

2.  Dice the pancetta and bacon, and fry it up in the small pan until golden brown.  Adding bacon seems like a very american thing to do...but my family tends to like hearty proteins in their dinner.  Plus, YOU WILL NOT REGRET the addition on bacon (well, if you like bacon)!! But, buying pancetta in large amounts, can be a bit pricey and scarce.

 3.  Mix the eggs, egg yolk, cream, chesse, and alittle bit of black pepper!



 4.  Add the Pancetta/Bacon and the sauce to the awaiting Spaghetti and mix!


5. Toast up some Texas toast, and crumble the yummy crumbs all over!!

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!
(Leftovers are also the best!)




mmm..


I found it absolutely amazing!! I think I made it cheesy-er than it needs to be; but it totally reminds me of that famous dish from Yard House (Mac&Cheese'squared') without the truffle oil!! The bacon definitely gives it an intense hearty bacon flavor, whereas the Pancetta is much more complex and subtle.
 This is now a must have staple!!! 

{OPTIONAL: Give your dog Bacon!}

No comments:

Post a Comment